Thursday, May 10, 2012

Green Juice

I introduce to you one of my favorite things ever. This beautiful green juice is, in my opinion, one of the best tools towards wellness. I try to drink this liquid goodness at least 4-5 times every week. When I go without, I notice. It just makes you feel good. Really good.


After reading "Crazy Sexy Life" by Kris Carr I was inspired. This is her juice recipe and it is truly delicious. Try to use organic veg as much as possible!

The Almighty Green
1-2 organic cucumbers cut in half (I use one during the winter when they are so expensive and then 2 during the summer. Also if you can't get organic just peel it before you juice it.)

4-5 romaine leaves (You can use any green, but I really like romaine.)
4-5 leaves of kale
3-4 celery stalks
1 inch long piece of fresh ginger (Careful here. This is one powerful root.)
1/2 a lemon
1 apple quartered

Broccoli stems can also be used, this is optional. See tip below.

Run all of the veggies through your juicer and presto your on your way to feeling fabulous. Makes a little less than 32 ounces. If you use 2 cucumbers it makes a little over 32 ounces.

*Cool Tip: When I buy broccoli, I don't very often eat the stem (although you can). So instead of just throwing it in the compost, I juice it. They last a long time in the fridge ( I always have some lying around) so you can use them over several weeks.


Now Juice!!!


After juicing regularly for a couple of years now, I can honestly say that I LOVE my juicer. It is a very worthwhile investment and your entire being will thank you. 

Happy juicing everyone!!

Amber H.


No comments:

Post a Comment