Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!

Hello and welcome to DaffodilHut! It seems fitting that today be the day I write my very first post. After 6 months of Pacific Northwest rain, the sun is out! I spent the entire day working in my garden and yard wearing flip flops and a tank top. My skin feels slightly warm and sun kissed and I am exceptionally pleased about this.
 Fiddle heads anyone?
 The mini orchard is blossoming. We are keeping our fingers crossed that this year will bring a good apple harvest. We were not so lucky last year. So it goes...

The garden is coming along nicely. Already we have snap and shelling peas, radishes, arugula and various lettuces coming up.  I also have carrots, beets, kale, swiss chard, onions, spring onions, leeks and broccoli rabe in. My goal is to have an extremely productive garden throughout the summer, fall and winter months. Just as Spring kicks off, so does this blog of mine! Here I will post about gardening, crafting, cooking and any healthy tidbits I come upon. These hobbies of mine have helped to shape and form who I am and they continually do so. The purpose of this blog is to inspire creativity and well being. To encourage getting your hands dirty and watching something grow. I hope you enjoy.

Amber H.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog already and I can't wait to see more! I'm proud of you and I miss you and I'm so glad you're my friend. Hugs...k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelli. That means a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete